Rapidly growing ShoreTel Partner is immediately seeking a qualified Unified Communications Engineer for their Southern California region. We engineer, implement, and service effective and efficient technology and communications systems and solutions for medium to large-sized businesses. We provide lifecycle services for ShoreTel Unified Communications solutions, IP telephony, Call Center, Network Services, and Data Networking solutions. We are looking for motivated and energetic team professionals with a desire to service the many faceted Communication needs of our expanding customer base.
Global CTI was awarded with the Circle of Excellence award from ShoreTel on July 20, 2011 for being one of the top ten ShoreTel dealers in the world.
- Full time Salaried position with company provided vehicle, full benefits to include medical, dental, paid vacation and 401k plan
- Works for the Director of Operations as part of the Implementation team
- Attend project implementation kick-off and system design meetings with project team
- Build Servers/systems for customer installations
- Install, configure and test hardware
- Install and configure systems and third party software
- Prepare customer’s site for installation
- Perform Network Assessments to determine whether clients network is VoIP ready
- Design and configure network switches, routers and firewalls
- Install and test telco services on installed systems
- Configure Unified Communications systems per client specifications
- Test all systems and applications for customer cutovers
- Provide post cutover on-site support
- Perform occasional out of town installations with overnight stays
- Perform system upgrades on existing client base
- Primary product focus to include ShoreTel Unified Communications, HP ProCurve and Enterasys switching and Juniper Routers/VPN
- Strong Customer Service and communications skills a must
- Candidate must be willing to travel in the Orange County, Riverside, San Diego, and LA markets, and may on occasion be needed to travel outside these areas.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with multiple clients.
- Candidate must have the desire to work in a fast paced high pressure environment
- Candidate must be willing to work extended hours during implementations and cutovers to include evenings and possible weekends
Technical Qualification requirements (or equivalent):
- ShoreTel Design and Implementation certified
- ShoreTel Enterprise Contact Center Design and Implementation certified
- Hands on experience with HP ProCurve, Enterasys or equivalent with configuration on LAN switching and wireless
- Windows 2003/2008 server working knowledge
- SQL database knowledge
- Network protocol and configuration experience to include VLAN’s, QOS and prioritization