Harness the Power of Unified Communications to Improve Health Care Environments
Most healthcare professionals are extremely dedicated but it is possible to give them the tools to work smarter. Any hospital or clinic that does so can expect to see higher job satisfaction and morale among staff, increases in efficiency and productivity, enhanced patient experiences, and - most importantly - improved clinical outcomes.
Technology can make a real difference to standards of patient care and to the efficiency and morale of staff. It can reduce waiting times, increase the accessibility of key professionals and improve medical provision. Often, though, the pressures of legacy systems and limited resources make it difficult to realize technology's promises. However, Global CTI Group has worked with many hospitals and clinics across California, and knows how to overcome these barriers to progress.
Global CTI Group healthcare solutions are designed to:
- Create free flowing communications
- Healthcare staff productivity tools
- Patient hospitality services
- Protection of people and assets
- Performance and security of communications infrastructures
Free flowing communications
Global CTI Group solutions currently deployed in healthcare settings have many benefits. Patients, relatives and colleagues spend less time on hold. With automatic attendant services, numerous switchboard operators, receptionists, assistants and secretaries are freed-up for more productive work. And doctors and nurses are able to spend more of their 'down time' (when they are walking around the building; not when they are professionally engaged) fielding calls or responding to voice mail.
The best communications solution in the world cannot eliminate time wasted on hold or waiting to be transferred. But a good one will minimize it. At the heart of this is automatic call distribution (ACD). This application routes calls intelligently and using Caller ID, it recognizes who is calling, and sends the call to the person who is most likely to be able to help.
Other services that can help calls to flow more freely include:
- IVR menus allow callers to use speech to route their calls themselves
- Unified Messaging, which allows members of staff to pick up (from within the building and anywhere beyond) all their voice mails, emails and faxes from a single, secure source;
- Vice-Activated directories, which allow members of staff to call each other simply by speaking a colleague's name;
- Centralized calendar, which allows staff to check on their colleagues' whereabouts and availability;
- Departmental billing, which allows budget holders to forecast and control their costs more effectively;
- Call management functions, such as call forwarding, ring-back, and 'do not disturb'.
Some other Global CTI Group solutions for healthcare
- Emergency calls handling: we provide solutions for emergency services, with totally integrated and secure contact centers. These can use Caller ID to pop up on the agent's screen a map showing the location of the telephone being used, and software that will identify the nearest available response vehicle. A broad range of other specialist services is also available.
- Disaster response: in the event of a major disaster, staff can be mobilized extremely quickly and totally automatically via automated voice messages to mobile phones and landlines, and/or SMS text messages.