ShoreTel 11 introduced ShoreTel Communicator for Web, offering Mac users the opportunity to use Communicator via a web browser, but not in a native Mac application.
ShoreTel 12 introduces the ShoreTel Communicator for Mac.
Communicator for Mac is a native Mac OS X application, which offers the features available through the Communicator for Web, plus additional Mac specific features.
- ShoreTel Communicator for Web Features
- ShoreTel Communicator for Web provides options for controlling the following:
- Visual Call Control
- Visual Voicemail
- Call handling mode
- Call handling mode settings
- Voice mail notification delivery settings
- Find Me settings
- External Assignment settings
- Passwords for ShoreTel Communicator and voice mail
For specific details on the use of these features, please review the ShoreTel Communicator for Web User Guide.
- ShoreTel Communicator for Mac specific features
- Dial contacts directly from Mac Address Book
- Import contacts from Mac Address Book
- Allows dialing from many applications using Mac OS X services
- Can be kept in Dock and opened at startup like any Mac application.
- Dock icon displays a Badge with missed call and unheard voicemail counts
- Background notifications of incoming calls and voicemails
MAC OS X Software Requirements
ShoreTel Communicator for Mac is supported on Mac OS X 10.6.4 and higher
RETURN TO GCTI TECH BLOG