Mobility Integrated into ShoreTel system
ShoreTel 12.2 in conjunction with the ShoreTel Mobility Router (SMR) software version 4.6, enhancements have been added to the ShoreWare Director administration for the Mobile Extension.
Prior to release 12.2 and SMR 4.6, a SIP device was created separately from the users primary extension. The SIP extension was then associated under the configuration within the SMR.
Mobile Extension Enhancements:
The steps required to configure SIP-based mobile devices for users are simplified, and simultaneous ringing can be configured for ShoreTel Mobility devices.
ShoreTel Mobility is now integrated into the ShoreTel ShoreWare Director system.
- A mobile client can be added as an additional phone to a user extension (desktop is preferred phone).
- A mobile client does not require an additional ShoreTel user license.
- A mobile client can be added to the list of simultaneous ringing devices for a preferred phone.
- If a preferred phone fails, calls are automatically routed to the mobile client.
- If the preferred user is inaccessible (Out-of-Service, DND, etc.), the additional phones can still receive calls via Simultaneous Ringing.
- Both the mobile client and the desk phone share a single voicemail box and caller ID.
- A Message Waiting Indicator is activated for the mobile client.
- Prompts are sent to the mobile client when voicemails are received, read, and deleted.
NOTE: No configuration changes are required in Director to enable this feature.
Outbound calls from the mobile client present the preferred user’s caller ID. (Not the SIP extension)
Inbound calls to the mobile client receive the preferred user’s caller ID.
- A SIP extension is automatically created for the mobile client phone on the system (an additional extension and voicemail license are not required, but a SIP license is consumed).
- A SIP extension is used for management only.
- A SIP extension is not displayed in the phone/client directory.
- A SIP extension cannot be dialed.
NOTE: When the “Allow Enhanced Mobility with Extension” user option is selected, the SIP Phone License is incremented after the user phone is registered.
(See diagram below)
ShoreWare Director Interface Changes Required for Mobile Access
Mobility access for individual users must be enabled or disabled in ShoreWare Director.
- Enable mobility access
- Disable mobility access
NOTE For information on using Director to manage the setup of Mobility Voice Mail, see the ShoreTel Mobility Router Integration Guide. For information on how to access enterprise Voice Mail from a mobile phone, see the ShoreTel RoamAnywhere Client User Guide for your mobile device(s).
How to Enable Mobility Access for Individual Users in Director
1. Launch ShoreWare Director.
2. Click Administration->Users->Individual Users. The Individual Users page is displayed.
3. Select a user.
4. Click the General tab, if it is not selected.
5. Scroll down to the Mobility Options section.
NOTE: The Mobility Options section is not present for individual users that existed in Director before ShoreTel Release 12.1. To enable the Mobility Options section for individual users that existed in Director before ShoreTel Release 12.1, delete then add each user.
6. Click “Allow Enhanced Mobility with Extension.” A list of extensions is displayed.
NOTE: When “Allow Enhanced Mobility with Extension” is selected, the SIP Phone License is incremented after the user phone is registered.
7. Select an extension (or, enter another, available extension).
8. Click Save.
The mobile extension is added to the user’s list of additional phones. If the user’s two additional phones are already allocated, you can replace one with the number of the new mobile extension.
NOTE: To enable simultaneous ringing for the mobile extension, configure the user’s User Group settings.