Outbound Call Campaign = Hundreds of Hours Saved
We were recently contacted by a customer, a municipality in Central California. Their utility department was in dire need of a solution to automate outbound notification calls to customers letting them know that their service was being threatened due to delinquent payment.
Since it is a legal mandate to notify residents whose power is in jeopardy of being shut off, the city had previously hung tags on doors and had employees make calls, one at a time. Here’s what happened next:
- Global CTI evaluated the city’s needs. They wanted to keep it simple and manageable by non-IT staff.
- Global CTI implemented an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) application that runs on a PC, calls customers from an uploaded customer list file, and plays a recording made using the phone voicemail system.
- The system made 5+ simultaneous outbound calls (in a language chosen by the constituent).
- The system tracked the success or failure of message delivery (requirement because of the legal mandate) and automatically retried any failed calls.
- At the end of the campaign, the system produced an easy-to-read report of the results.
- The system completed the campaign of 1200 calls in a few hours, a project that had previously taken weeks and hundreds of
man hours to complete.
Is a smart IVR campaign a good fit for your business? Let’s start a conversation and find out.